Friday, August 5, 2011

A Pacific Sunset

I am now at the coast, a bit north of Aberdeen, WA.  Like in Oregon, the beaches here tend to be very wide and flat, with occasional rocky areas.  Unlike in Oregon, one can easily drive onto many of the beaches.

I was out exploring the coast.  I was in an Indian Reservation north of here.  The beaches were marked, prohibiting access except with a pass from the Reservation management.  I respected that restriction and stopped at the end of a road near the beach.  The surf against some nearby cliffs raised a mist that was illuminated by the setting sun.

I grabbed a few shots, then headed south.

Getting to an area where beach access was allowed, I drove onto the beach at about 8:45.  The sun was setting and creating some nice color.  People were walking along the water's edge, watching the setting sun.  I set myself up to catch the reflections and took these shots.



 I really do love sunsets!

No comments: