Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sugar In The Morning

In 1958, the McGuire Sisters had a hit record, "Sugartime".  Youtube Sugartime

It led off with "Sugar in the mornin', sugar in the evenin', sugar at Suppertime..."  I was only 10, but I understood that sugar was synonymous with a kiss.  (Not really relevant to this post, but some of my followers would not know that)

Well, this morning I saw sugar in the morning.

I awoke to a cold, grey early morning.  I couldn't see the cliffs a few hundred feet from me, much less the lake.  All was covered by a heavy mist.  That mist had formed ice on the shrubs surrounding my campsite, giving all a sugary appearance, making it truly a frosty, if not a frosting morning.

This is so different from the dawn light that often greets me in the morning.  Maybe that is what made it so magical...

1 comment:

Aeagles said...

And it's been much warmer in AZ but not so interesting. The lake is beautiful here though.