Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Day in Sedona

Yesterday was a full day. I got up before dawn and drove to the airport to watch the sunrise. It was really cold, but I am glad I did it.




Back to Enterprise, breakfast and a nap, then to the Oak Creek Canyon. (I know, don't shoot midday - the light is not good.) No worries, I will have other chances. The Oak Creek Canyon runs north-south between Flagstaff and Sedona. The right way to explore the canyon is on foot, but it is still nice by car.

At the top of the canyon is a scenic overlook. The view is grand, into the canyon.


Everyone was really taken with the scenery.



Well, almost everyone...


Driving back down, there is one vista after another.






Castle Rock at sunset is as iconic for Sedona as Half Dome is for Yosemite. I scouted a spot to watch, where I could catch a reflection of the rock as it picked up the colors of the setting sun, amplifying the already-red rock face. Wunnerful!



Thank you, Bree, for teaching me to look at mud puddles too...

Click on THIS one!

No comments: