Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Travelin' Man

February was... not busy.  I mostly just hung out.  Mid-month, I took a ride on some minor roads to get a look at Cookes Peak.  I had seen it from about 30 miles away.  Now, I got a look from 3 or 4 miles.

At the end of the month it was time to leave Elephant Butte Lake and head for Monument Valley.  The Lake said goodbye with a dawn showing some impressive "God Rays".

Monument Valley in Arizona is a location that has been used so many times for movie scenes that it is iconic.  Getting there, I traveled from southern New Mexico to northern New Mexico, into Arizona just a few miles from Colorado, north into Utah, then south into Arizona again, finishing at my campsite in Utah. 

Approaching the Valley, the skyline was impressive.

Next post, light cooperating, I will show you the view from my campsite.  Meanwhile, I leave you with this...

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ken,

Great shots, Monument Valley is definitely on our "return to" list of places to visit.

Kate
http://cholulared.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I think you may want to add a twitter button to your website. I just bookmarked this url, although I must complete this by hand. Simply my suggestion.