Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wowzers

I almost don't know where to start.  In a busy day of photography I might shoot 120 of my 240 shot capacity.  Yesterday, I shot 221.  First, I drove to Gooseneck State Park, an overlook of multiple bends on the San Juan River.  (Don't forget to click on the photos for the full sized shots)

After that, I took a gravel road with switchbacks up a bluff to a higher altitude

where I had some nice, snow-covered vistas.  I am sure those of you in the northeast must be envious of the pretty snow here.

I then drove to Natural Bridges National Monument.  I tried my hand at black and white, using as my subject a worn cedar tree trunk.

I am more familiar with color, which I returned to for the bridges.

After that, it was back to Monument Valley.  First, the mid-afternoon shots.

Then, sunset.
 
  
  
  
And my final shot for this post...

No comments: