Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!

It was my hope to photograph and post the fireworks that will be happening here in an hour, but it was not to be.  I was told there would be a crowd at every viewing spot.  Needing a tripod for the shots, I gave up on the idea.

Instead, I went back to Crater Lake.  The East Rim Drive is open about half way around.  The west side tends to have steep slopes dropping into the lake.  On the east side, I saw more cliffs.

I thought the moss on this cliff was really neat, injecting green into the austere rock face.

Normally, to see Ship Rock, it is necessary to go much farther around the lake.  My 500 mm lens let me get this shot from a few miles away.

This person really had it right.  She was on a road that was less heavily used than the others on this holiday.  At most overlooks there was a crowd.  She was all alone, at least until I came along and bugged her to take her picture.

No comments: