Monday, October 18, 2010

Across the Sierras

After a nice visit with Dawn and Dylan, I left Placerville (Sutters Mill), heading toward Albuquerque.  The first leg of my journey took me up and over the Sierras. 

It was a grey, rainy day, which was good, because I pulled into my overnight stop at Lee Vining, on the eastern edge of Yosemite, at about 4:00.  Had it been a clear, sunny day I think I would not have gotten there until after dark.  The ride was spectacular!  The higher elevations were lined with trees filled with luminous yellow-gold leaves.  Safe places for me to stop were few, so I mostly kept rolling.  Had the sun been out, I am sure I would have unhooked Galileo and been off exploring with my camera.

I got to Lee Vining and parked.  As I was setting up Enterprise for the night, the sun peeked out long enough to give me a rainbow over Mono Lake.  Niiiice.

No comments: