Thursday, September 29, 2011

How Close is Too Close?

Well, this may be a hint...

As I was leaving Grand Teton National Park, I was somewhat disappointed that I had seen no bears, and a far-off glimpse of a moose.  Ahead, I saw a lot of cars parked at the side of the road.  This usually means a critter is near by.  I slowed, and saw a nice bull moose a few hundred yards off in a field.

The majority of the photographers who elected to get out of their cars maintained a safe distance, and the moose paid them token attention, but was not really focusing on them.

One lady, however, went closer and stayed longer.  The moose never took his eyes off her until she was almost back to the road.

She got away with it, but I seriously was wondering if she would get charged.  She had no place to run, no place to hide.

Where was I?  Sitting in the driver's seat of a 14,000 pound vehicle...

No comments: