Saturday, May 12, 2012

Diamond Creek Falls

Well, there has been a glorious lack of acknowledgement of my Haiku attempts in my last post.  It seems I am a better photographer than poet, and I shan't try that again.  At least I had fun with it.

On June 10 and 11, 2010, I visited Salt Creek Falls in the Cascades.  From that point, there is a trail to another falls, Diamond Creek Falls.  I looked at the info and knew that that was well beyond my ability to reach.

Yesterday I hiked there.

The trail takes one through forest, starting above Salt Creek Falls.  From there, there is a steady hill climb to a viewpoint on top of columnar basalt edging a drop of about 400 feet to the bottom of the canyon formed by Salt Creek.


From there, the trail re-enters the forest and continues to rise and fall with a net gain of about 200 feet of elevation, where patches of snow remained.


Finally, I was at Diamond Creek Falls.

After, I was sore and tired, but very, very pleased that I had been able to make that hike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's no reason to quit with the poetry. Blame it on your followers!! Keep going with it.
And the photographs are beautiful. It's great to see a part of the country that I don't know.

Aeagles said...

I love the poetry. I posted a poetic comment but somehow it got lost.