Wednesday, July 17, 2013

On The Road To Colorado

Not with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby, nor with Brian and Stewie... just me, moving along.

After leaving the Tetons I stopped in Riverton for a few days to deal with rig maintenance stuff.  I left there, heading across southwestern Wyoming, for Crested Butte in Colorado.  I stopped on the way at Flaming Gorge in Utah, the place at which I stopped last summer.  Then, I stayed at the Firefighters Memorial campground, with a long view over the region.  This time I stayed at Rim Campground, about 150' from a cliff edge dropping well over 1000' to the waters below.

The daytime view is pretty grand, but the lighting at dusk was much more impressive.


The last rays of the setting sun lit one rock formation before darkness crept in.

The morning sunrise was a great way to begin the day.

This beats the crap out of sleeping in a Walmart or Cracker Barrel parking lot!

On to my next stop, Rifle Gap State Park, then on to my destination.

2 comments:

Chris said...

As usual, Ken, the photos are outstanding as were the ones in your last post. Keep 'em coming.

Chris H

Chris said...

PS: The 3rd photo is now my desktop background. Hope you don't mind.

Chris H