Tuesday, June 3, 2014

… At The End Of The Road

Exploring sometimes pays off.  A friend told me of a boon docking site near the McKenzie River.  I stayed there for a night, then took my car for a walk up the forest service road by that site.  I found a jewel.

The road in is narrow and steep and, at times, tucked under tree branches.

At the end of the road, I found a clearing that fits Enterprise quite nicely.


The view is remarkable.  Last week I did my best to show the central Cascades to Alice and Andy.  Well, all within 50 yards of Enterprise I bring you:

Mount Jefferson and Three Finger Jack, to the north

Mount Washington to the northeast

and The Three Sisters to the east

For the botanists out there, can anyone tell me what this is?  These 3" diameter lacy flowers are scattered around at the base of the pines, all around my site.

Finally, the rhodies are blooming.  These rhododendron line the road in places up here.


Sweet site…



3 comments:

Jim and Gayle said...

Great campsite you found there. I believe that is beargrass.
Sorry we just missed you at Camp Sherman last week.
Gayle

Anonymous said...

Those are some great views from your spot at the top. Love the rhodies!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some great views up at the top. Love the rhodies too.