Saturday, November 8, 2008

Into the Sierras...

November 8, 2008
As is normal, I did a terrible job on my omelet. I need a pan that my food won’t stick to.

On the road at 6:30 AM (still functioning on NJ time). I drove along the eastern Sierras, briefly into Nevada, then to Lake Tahoe. Lovely spot. Cross country from there to the Lassen area. Lunch at the Donner camp. I found an open RV park at Canyondam, and pulled in at around 2:15. For a level place to sleep, no view, $30. I could have pushed on looking for a free site, but I am tired, so it is time to stop.
















I found the southern Tahoe area to be too commercial-touristy for my tastes, but as I moved north along the westerly shore, it became VERY nice.











This is another area where I want to spend lots more time.

No comments: