Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Holland Lake

I am working my way south from Glacier, heading slowly toward Yellowstone.  Some folks I met told me that there was a nice National Forest Service Campground on the way.  On their recommendation, I headed for Holland Lake.

The campground sits at the edge of the lake.  It is uncrowded, and there are no hookups at the sites.  The real attraction is the lake.

It is a beautiful mountain lake, reflecting the trees along its shores.

At the east end of the lake, a stream drops over the edge of a pass, forming a waterfall.  It is mostly hidden by the trees, but honest, it is there.

To see it up close, a strenuous (for me) hike gets you to an overlook midway up the falls.

While that is pretty nice, the view of the lake below is just awesome.
Turns out, their recommendation was a really good one for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ken, gorgeous photos. The long view of the lake with mtns in background is awesome!

Chris H