Saturday, January 3, 2015

With a nod to John Cleese,

...and now, for something completely different.

When I am here in New Mexico, I do not work as hard at photography as I do in the northwest.  I sleep in in the morning.  My hikes are as much for simple exercise as for photo ops; in fact, I often do not bring my camera.

A friend challenged me to try new approaches, new ways of looking at stuff.  Here is some of what that challenge produced.

Snow here is rare.  Snow and fog, even more so, but that is what I awoke to this morning.  So, up and out.  The grasses at the edge of the river were bent under their crown of ice.

If all is one color, shoot black and white... Picnic anyone?

The posts along the river faded into the fog.

By 1 in the afternoon, it was clear and sunny, tee shirt weather.  We took a hike, but I continued to look for shapes and patterns more than vistas.  Some desert flora accommodated me.

Finally, I like this shot in color, but that is much like stuff I have done before.  After some work with Photoshop, I like it almost as much in black and white.

Happy New Year, y'all.

2 comments:

Pleinguy said...

I like the B&W texture shots. Looking at things more closely is often a way to see interesting comps.

Anonymous said...

Love these B&W images. Great job Ken! Happy New Year to you..