Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Moose!

On my first four hikes to Sandy Stream Pond, I saw moose four times. Most of the sightings were on the far side of the pond, really out of reach of my lens. I was also seeing Loons (a family of Mama, Papa and baby), deer and geese, all too far away to photo. I had a bigger telephoto but it was too heavy for me to pack it in. I sold that lens and used the money to buy a 500mm reflex (mirror) lens. Since then, until yesterday, I saw no more critters of any kind. When I asked at the gate, nobody was seeing moose anywhere. All because I bought a lens?

Well, yesterday there was a moose at Sandy Stream pond. I got there late in the afternoon. The light was not very good. It was setting behind the moose, but I was able to get a few shots.





The moose was not alone.

Leaving the park, it was well past sunset but when I got to Togue Pond, I was surprised to find the sky still luminous after sunset.

What a great finish to the day!

No comments: