Monday, September 7, 2009

Niagara Falls???

In Baxter State Park are two waterfalls named for Niagara Falls. They are Little Niagara Falls and Big Niagara Falls. It was a 1.1 mile hike from the parking lot to the split where one trail went to LN and the other to BN. I rested a day before, then went for it even though I knew this would be at the outer limits of my ability.

Most of the trail was good

but early on, there was some boulder scrambling. I took two rest stops getting to Little Niagara. I found this to be a really nice spot with a big rock at the edge of the falls that was perfect for a nice, 1 hour rest in the sunshine.




After a long rest I went on to Big Niagara.


I took four rest breaks hiking out. I was sore, and very tired, that night but no pain the next day, so it worked out.

No comments: