Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sawtooths to the Tetons

On the way to the Tetons, I traveled a bit out of the way to pass through the Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho.  I am definitely going back there.  Leaving there, the route took me through a long valley with mountain peaks to each side.  Then, in front of me, the road seemed to head straight into a wall of rock.

Eventually, the way became clear.  They placed the road in a really narrow defile between vertical rock walls.

The plan was to get to the Tetons, and I did.

After a short warm-up hike yesterday, today I did an exploration, departing from the Taggert Lake Trail to follow the shore of Taggert Creek.  It was rough going in places, and definitely bear country, not a place to be all alone, but I was making plenty of noise and I had my bear spray.
For me, the risks are justified by the rewards.


1 comment:

Pleinguy said...

Beautiful; I love it!