Thursday, September 27, 2012

Along the Rio Chama

I went for a drive the other day.  A friend recommended that I take the drive to a nearby monastery, so I did.  The dirt road followed the Rio Chama for much of its course.  The changing leaves and the far cliffs set me up for a few nice shots.

On the way out, with the sun behind me, some of the formations became really nice.

A bit later, the skies became stormy.  The sun was playing hide and seek with the clouds.  When it was out, the light was a real treat.

 Red rocks against a white and blue sky - gotta love those colors!

5 comments:

Delta Mike said...

I did not suggest that you capture far superior pictures than I did!

Over ten folks that we know are in northern NM and southern CO right now. While we sweat in AL.

There was a gal on Jeopardy this week from Abiquiu.

Ken said...

Thanks, Don. Sit tight - no more photos for a month. My camera lens needs service, so I am sending it out today.

Jim and Gayle said...

Beautiful photos. Love those red rocks.

Ed and Jeanne Gaffney said...

OMG. Yes, those pictures are much better than Don's!! LOL, sorry Don. Hope you get that camera lens back soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ken. If I hadn't just replaced your Lamar Valley screensaver photo with one of my own taken in Rocky Mtn NPk yesterday, I would have used the last one in this sequence. Gorgeous!

Chris