Thursday, September 6, 2012

Colorado Gold

I spent two days in the western range in Colorado.  On one of those days I drove up to Cottonwood Pass, over 12,000 feet high.  Part way there, the road led through an arid, relatively flat valley.  Perched on a hill overlooking that valley was a beautiful hawk.

He only allowed me a few minutes of looking before he took flight.

He did grace me with a fly-over as he floated toward the hills in the distance.

Heading down the hill, the sun lit up leaves that were beginning the Autumn change.

Even marsh grasses were turning gold.

2 comments:

Ken said...

For the person who asked about Twitter, first, no, I don't use twitter. Second, thanks for the kind words. Third, I did not allow your comment to post because it included a link that I was uncomfortable with.
Ken

Pam said...

Great shot of the hawk's wings! I didn't know the marshes changed color for the fall. I'm going hiking here in Wisconsin's wetlands over the next few weeks so I'll have to keep my eye out to see if we have the same thing happen.